The G9 can record 4K at 50 or 60p, but the recording time is limited to 10 minutes. Aside from a deeper and more robust grip and some buttons being slightly moved around, the camera itself feels pretty much the same. Currently, the camera is capable of shooting 4K up to 60fps as well as Full HD up to 180fps but only in 8 bit 4:2:0. The Panasonic Lumix GH5 has the edge over the G9 when it comes to video quality, making a very clear difference between the two cameras. The Panasonic G90 (or G95 for our US readers) - the update to the three-year-old Lumix G80 / G85 - pulls a variety of high-end features from the range's top-spec Lumix G9 at a cut of the price. The G9 will also get V-Log L as a paid license upgrade, as well as … hide. Unlimited 4K mp4 Record Time with the Panasonic Lumix G7 The Lumix G7 is a great mirrorless camera packed with features. I was surprised as i haven’t seen this posted. 20.3MP Digital Live MOS Sensor Venus Engine Image Processor UHD 4K60p Video; 80MP High-Res Shot Mode 5-Axis Sensor Stabilization; Dual I.S. I have used this hack on the g7 and have never had any issues except for the exclamation point persisting when turning the camera on and off. It's a niche (and pricey) product to be sure, but so far we find it to be well-designed and capable of outstanding results. While there are many great Panasonic cameras that are specialized in video recording, the company was struggling to create a stills-oriented camera that will be good enough to compete with the products of other major photography companies. The Canon EOS Rebel T8i (also known as the EOS 850D or Kiss X10i in some markets) is a 24MP DSLR aimed at first-time DSLR buyers and enthusiasts. DC-G9 Firmware Update - Panasonic Our website uses cookies and similar tools to improve its performance and enhance your user experience and by continuing to use this website without changing your settings, you consent to their use. 2 0.83x 3.68m-Dot OLED Viewfinder 3.0" 1.04m-Dot Free-Angle Touchscreen Top Status LCD; Rear Joystick Advanced DFD AF System; 6K PHOTO ISO 25600 and 60 fps Continuous Shooting Dual UHS-II SD Slots; Wi-Fi&Bluetooth Panasonic has taken … 300mm Shootout - Olympus 75-300 vs 50-200 SWD w/ EC-14 vs 300/4, Pen F owners (I developed a Fuji Velvia 50 profile you can try), Using your MC-20 Teleconverter with your OLY 60mm Macro lens, Dario's desk (because I don't have one) by adriparro. 7 comments. But the higher bit rate, unlimited 4K recording time, and extra videography features ensure that videographers will make the GH5 their first choice. Vaporware no more: the much-speculated-about Zeiss ZX1 has arrived. If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our. All content, design, and layout are Copyright © 1998 - 2020 Digital Photography Review All Rights Reserved. Combining a 37MP full-frame sensor, minimalist controls and Lightroom Mobile built in, it's a refreshing – if a bit quirky – take on the smartphone-meets-camera concept. Panasonic G9 gets 10bit 4K recording, as Panasonic roll out major firmware update for numerous cameras including S1 and GH5. Our favorite gear, rewarded: DPReview Awards 2020, Olympus releases the lightly updated OM-D E-M10 Mark IIIs, Panasonic firmware shares more features across S1, S1R, S1H and S5, Hands-on with the new Panasonic Lumix DC-BGH1, Sigma 65mm F2 DG DN Sample Gallery (DPReview TV), Sigma 35mm F2 DG DN Sample Gallery (DPReview TV), Review: Monogram Creative Console - a refinement of our favorite modular editing hardware. Find out if it'll make your life easier in our detailed review. The Panasonic G9 is getting the ability to record 4K 30p/25p 4:2:2 10-bit internally. Read our full review to find out how it performs. Panasonic says the G9 has the world's fastest AF speeds for mirrorless cameras, with a focus time of just 0.04sec with the Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 12-60mm f/2.8-4.0 ASPH. idk I just joined th Panasonic G9 facebook group and this was the first thing I saw, so you may want to try that. Review: Does the Canon Rebel T8i DSLR make sense in an increasingly mirrorless world? Panasonic offers firmware update program for DC-G9 to enhance the performance and usability.