Answer Save. In France and China, province is a sub-national region within a unitary state. What is my elevation? Relevance. What is my address? However, it does discourage non-essential interprovincial travel. Report a problem or mistake on this page. They can tell you how long it will take to process your application. After the province or territory approves your application, your next step is to apply for permanent residence within the time period they set out. County is a coordinate term of province. Check all the issues that apply Incorrect information. ePaper is the exact replica of the print edition available on desktop, mobile or tablet. Provincial and territorial legislation requires you to register your corporation in each province and territory in which it will conduct business. government declared a state of emergency to support the province-wide response on March 18. 3. provinces Areas of a country situated away from the capital or population center. If you’ve temporarily relocated to a different province, you may still be a resident of your home province. SAVED WORDS dictionary. I'm filling out a job application and they're asking me what is my province. LOG IN ; REGISTER; settings. Your Print Subscription Includes: Digital Access gives you unlimited access to theprovince.com. Les navigateurs désuets ne disposent pas de caractéristiques sécuritaires permettant d’assurer la sécurité de vos renseignements. 4 Answers. What is my time zone? The province has received 173 applications for retail outlets, but fewer than half of those have been submitted for review by local governments, Public Safety Minister Mike Farnworth says. Province definition is - a country or region brought under the control of the ancient Roman government. Find another word for province. The layout of Spain's provinces closely follows the pattern of the territorial division of the country carried out in 1833.The only major change of provincial borders since that time has been the subdivision of the Canary Islands into two provinces rather than one.. There are exceptions. The age of majority in Canada is the age at which a person is considered by law to be an adult. If you’re experiencing mild to moderate symptoms of COVID-19 and do not need to talk to a nurse, complete the self assessment and get tested. Dresden Rose. Driver’s licence formats Alberta. What is my latitude and longitude? province definition: 1. one of the areas that a country or empire is divided into as part of the organization of its…. What does province mean? Outdated browsers lack safety features that keep your information secure, and they can also be slow. A province is almost always an administrative division within a country or state.The term derives from the ancient Roman provincia, which was the major territorial and administrative unit of the Roman Empire's territorial possessions outside Italy.The term province has since been adopted by many countries. A person younger than the age of majority is considered a "minor child." … Your health card is your proof that you are insured under a provincial plan. Based on your IP (157.55.39.49), your city is Quincy All questions. Definition of province in the Definitions.net dictionary. To see what is exempt in your province, choose your province below: British Columbia; Alberta; Saskatchewan; Manitoba; Ontario; Quebec; New Brunswick; Prince Edward Island; Nova Scotia; Newfoundland & Labrador; Nunavut; Northwest Territories; Yukon; RRSPs. If the registered owner of the vehicle is a Saskatchewan resident, it can be used by a non-resident in another jurisdiction for a total of 90 days in a calendar year, subject to the laws of the other jurisdiction. Read the latest breaking news around the province as well as national and international news including images, videos, and community discussion. Broadly speaking, the provinces of Canada are equivalent to the states in the United States. What is my city? The province or territory will assess if you will be able to meet their economic or labour market needs, and those of Canada. Check out your province below to see how your driver’s licence number should be entered. If you don't show your card, the doctor's office may ask you to pay up front for the services. The province of Quebec does not currently mandate any self-isolation period for people arriving from other Canadian provinces. If you plan on conducting business in Ontario, Nova Scotia, Saskatchewan, and Newfoundland and Labrador, you can register your corporation while you incorporate. The provinces recover the funding monthly between each other. Meaning of province. The province has reported one new death from the virus, bringing the total death toll to 2,826. 2. The province or territory you are visiting will usually bill the Ontario Ministry of health directly for most services, such as hospital and physician services. What is my country code? This table specifies the date each such provision came into force, or will come into force, under the Lieutenant Governor's proclamation. CareCard or BC Services Card. SINCE 1828. 8 years ago. If a taxpayer has ties to more than one province on December 31, CRA considers him to be resident only in the province where he has the most significant residential ties for the purposes of computing provincial tax payable. In many countries, a province is a relatively small non-constituent level of sub-national government (similar to a county in many English-speaking countries). Your driver’s licence will be one of 4 formats: AA#### 2 letters followed by 4 numbers . Table listing all of the states and provinces in North America (specifically, those within the United States, Canada, and Mexico), with information such as their postal abbreviation, capital city, … Favorite Answer. However, in Québec, you may have to pay for physician services and then submit your receipt to the Ministry office for payment. Most physicians in other Canadian provinces and territories (except Quebec) will bill their own provincial health plan for services provided if you present your valid B.C. In your own best interests, if you obtain medical care services in another province, you should determine how the physician will bill for the service. Lv 7. If this happens, you may still get reimbursed by your province of residence. What is my province of residence if I moved in the year? One of those subdivisions in the country to the north of us. How to use province in a sentence. (required) Next. Help stop the spread. With the exception of Quebec, all provinces and territories have an agreement whereby physicians in each province or territory submit claims to their local medical care plan for services provided to residents of the other Canadian jurisdictions. COVID-19 covid 19 can be a deadly disease. What is my operating system? A day after issuing a public health emergency within the province, the B.C. A##### 1 letter followed by 5 numbers ##### 6 numbers #####-### 5 numbers, dash 3 numbers #= any numbers A= any letters. Like the drinking age, the age of majority in Canada is determined by each province and territory in Canada and varies between the ages of 18 and 19. If you need to be tested, request to get tested for COVID-19 in your community by submitting an online referral (must complete self-assessment first.) What is my zip code? Synonym Discussion of province. You will simply add up all of your Canadian T4 slips (Statements of Remuneration Paid), and enter the information on your tax return. Province: a region of activity, knowledge, or influence. Vous utilisez un navigateur désuet qui n’est plus accepté par Ontario.ca. Yes. Your province or territory * Where do you live? Information and translations of province in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on … Confusing or unclear information. That is often on applications and other forms, it's intended for people in countries other than the US. You need to tell us something about the problem before you can submit. Can I lend my vehicle while out of the province to my friend or relative who is a resident of another jurisdiction? Learn about the browsers we support. Otherwise, any RRSP contributions made in the last 12 months … You file your income tax for the province or territory in which you reside on December 31 of the tax year. Listed in alphabetical order. I live in California, near Los Angeles so what would be the province? What is my state? Synonyms: area, arena, bailiwick… Find the right word. As nouns the difference between county and province is that county is (historical) the land ruled by a count or a countess while province is a subdivision of government usually one step below the national level. You would leave that blank. GAMES; BROWSE THESAURUS; WORD OF THE DAY; WORDS AT PLAY. What is my IP? Sometimes, provisions of a statute can't come into force unless a proclamation is issued by the Lieutenant Governor. A territory governed as an administrative or political unit of a country or empire. Some provinces have exemptions for RRSPs in bankruptcy. Learn more about terms used on e-Laws: e-Laws definitions Legislative tables help In almost all situations, you will file a tax return for the province you are living in as of December 31 of the tax year. What is my browser? In others it is an autonomous level of government and constituent part of a federation or confederation, often with a large area (similar to a US state). ince (prŏv′ĭns) n. 1. 4. Ecclesiastical A division of territory under the jurisdiction of a metropolitan. The chief medical officer of health takes the worst of a scathing auditor general's report on the province's pandemic response Note: Data in the charts last updated on Nov. 27 at 7 a.m. EDT. It also indicates if a proclamation hasn't been issued yet. 25 synonyms of province from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 24 related words, definitions, and antonyms. What is my IP country? Learn more. Out-of-Province Emergency Medical Care. As a proper noun province is … What is my device?